It is important to keep a register of your business fixed assets as part of its accounting records. However, managing your fixed assets can be tedious and time-consuming task. It is equally important to track the asset and protect it from unusual loss. We recommend the business organization to tag their assets with barcodes and keep it controlled.
- Make a track of your unorganized fixed assets
- Identification of location, assign a unique ID for each assets
- Tag barcodes/RFID on each assets
- Make available of Book Value/Depreciation anytime
- Revalue your assets easily using handheld devices.
SAGE FIXED ASSET SOFTWARE
The Sage Evolution Fixed Assets software automates all these processes for you. Once you provide the initial information, the system takes over and manages your assets for you. One of the realities of fixed assets processing is that companies frequently change depreciation rules as legislation allows and as company policy changes. Some changes are retroactive to when you purchased the asset. Sage Pastel Evolution Fixed Assets calculates its values dynamic all y from the start of each asset\’s life, which makes retroactive changes simple. Imagine the time required to accurately program all this yourself into a spreadsheet!
- Multiple Units
- Master and Sub assets
- Asset Type
- Cost Centre, Department, Location
- You can group identical assets into one record. – For example, 20 chair. This simplifies the asset register considerably. You can sell or dispose of one or more units, and have the ability to split the assets into one or more separate assets at any time.
- Sub assets allow you to group assets together- for example, adding an additional disk drive to a computer. If you create a separate asset for the disk drive, it becomes difficult to manage which disk drive is in which computer. Instead you can create the disk drive as a sub asset of the computer asset.
- You link each asset to an asset type. The asset type contains the book and tax depreciation methods for the asset, as well as General Ledger Integration information. You define once how a particular type of asset works, when you add a new asset. You link it to an asset type and the system knows how to depreciate it.
- These are three optional analysis codes used to track where assets are located in your company, and who is responsible for them.